« 27.4.2007 at 7:37 by FatherTime »
Be patient, there are 20+ screenshots of the Egypt terrain...
This is a good mix of the terrain you will get to explore in TBR: Egypt. Of course there is a pyramid and a battle arena (enhanced PvP will be included in the map)... the rest of it I will leave to your imagination
« Last Edit: 4.2.2008 at 5:48 by Weapon_Strife »
« 27.4.2007 at 8:48 by FatherTime »
5/4 Update is a new post in this thread..
I am proud to announce that the next TBR map that will be released is the TBR: Egypt map. We did a lot of research and hashed out what the story will be and this should be a great follow up to the success of the original TBR. This post will introduce you to the story line the map follows, the characters you will be able to play and a few other goodies. I also posted 20+ screen shots of the terrain and rather than bog this post down with all those images I posted them all HERE!
Deep in his underworld prison Anubis plots the downfall of man kind. He envisions a world inhabited by the undead creatures he himself cultivates and a way to escape his bonds. From his works stream a never-ending supply of undead creatures that he unleashes on the living inhabitants of the world of men, for once the cities of man are destroyed he can escape his underworld prison and rule the earth.
All that stands in his way are the people of Egypt.
There are three main ‘people’s of Egypt: The civilized people of Cairo, the nomadic tribe know as the Bedouins and the ‘beast people’ known as the Wemic. Normally relations between the three are strained at best but as people often will when faced with a greater foe, they have put their differences aside for the purpose of thwarting Anubis’s plans. If somehow they can band together and travel to the underworld and slay Anubis then the world of men will be saved.
Wemic Warrior - The Wemic people are a strange combination of man and beast who make their home in the heart of the desert. Their warriors are renown for their prowess in battle and their ability to inflict great wounds on their enemies.
Thrill of the Hunt
Wemic Shaman - Like any tribe, the life of a Wemic is greatly influenced by the gods. The Wemic Shaman serves as the tribes conduit to those gods.
Bedouin Warrior - Bedouin Warriors have the reputation as the quickest blades in all of Egypt. The speed of their attacks comes as swift as a sand storm and leaves their opponents in much worse shape.
Bedouin Archer - As skilled with a bow as their fellow Bedouin warrior is with a blade, the Bedouin Archer is a vital part of the tribe's defenses.
Templar - The great temples of the gods need protectors and none excel at this task like those of the templar order. They are able to absorb damage like none other and are often left standing after many others have fallen.
Priest of Ra - The great god Ra has a prominent place in the life of Egyptians, his priests are his representatives among men. Their ability to heal is vital in the survival of men in the face of forces of Anubis.
Ritual of Rebirth
Defiler - There are those magician's who draw strength from the land, and there are those who squeeze every last drop of life out of it leaving it barren of any life. The Defiler is the later.
Ashes to Ashes
Mystic of the Nile - The Nile river is of great importance to the lives of the Egyptians, for its waters bring life to the otherwise barren landscape. The Mystic has the ability to harness and control those waters to do her bidding.
Sandman - The Sandman has learned to harness the power of the earth and use it in battle. Few are as feared in all of Egypt.
Dust to Dust
Sands of Time
Seer of Storms - The storms of Egypt are often terrible and destructive, they are also vital to the circle of life. The Seer draws his power from these natural occurrences.
Ride the Lightning
Ride the Wind
Sorry, I know you want more details on the skills but that's just a lot to type
Some of the other things that are already done...
1) Items - all are planned out including boss drops, forge items and some special stuff that no self-respecting map based on Egypt would be without.
2) Quests - There are 40+ quests currently including 11 main boss fights and a slew of mini-boss related quests.
3) Stat Points and Stat caps - Stats will cap at 500, thus making agility much more relevant.
Some of the things left to be done...
1) Coding - Though our coder is one of the most renown coders in the history of Bnet (I'll reveal him to you later ) I've given him a lot to work on. But the stuff he has gotten done and returned to me thus far is nothing short of amazing.
2) Icons - I've got a bunch of icons but I'm trying to convince someone who does incredible icon work to sign onto the project and lend his skills.
UPDATE: I just heard back from the icon maker I contacted and he agreed to help with the project. His name is 'Crazyrussian' and if you've ever seen his work you know its AWESOME. If you haven't, here are some links...
What we all know is going to be a great project, just got better!! And I couldn't be more excited!
3) Testing, testing testing.
More updates when my fingers recover... blah!
« Last Edit: 4.2.2008 at 5:47 by Weapon_Strife »
« 4.5.2007 at 20:33 by FatherTime »
So yeah, if you wonder where I've been I've been putting like 10-12 hours a day in the map for the past week. Thankfully, that gets me to a point where I can hand it off and resume a little more normal existence. Thought you'd all like to know what I've been working on though...
- All the items have been imputed and iconed and finished (except for the abilities that need triggered). It's about 250+ items total including 14 mini-boss drops, 31 boss drops, and 50 or so forge items.
- The loading screen and other graphic 'enhancements' including custom command buttons O.o
- Creep/boss balance (Which doesn't sound like a lot but it took me over 2 days just to come close. The only way to get it closer will be through testing)
- Other stuff including working with the icon maker on the hero ability icons... still a work in progress but I had to get him a lot of info to get started.
So anyway, it's coming along. I don't have any idea how long it will be until its released or even ready for testing. If coding goes well and testing goes perfect I'll say we are shooting for end of June for general release but if you try and hold me to that date I'll FedEx you a carnivorous earwig.